Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bill Arnold says.....

Last night I saw your Jamsie film and I was knocked out. I was stunned that it was so good. The editing was wonderful. Riding with the music through the scenes kept everything close. Looking with respect was a pleasure - like panning over all the white faces and pausing on the water bottles. Or letting the woman who walks away from the camera clasp her hands behind her. Or starting the historic footage with that blue abstraction. And always both guiding us through all these complicated stories while having the confidence in our ability to piece it all together. The framing was great. Always going for the essence and if you have to crop off some appendages, so be it. I'm going to New York next week. I hope I see something equal to the quality of your work.

No comments: